We will contact you shortly.
We can identify defects, safety concerns and potential future threats. We're also able to identify violations to the Canadian electrical code and offer suggestions on how to deal with them.
Our top priority at Bengert Electric is to reduce your risk of electrical shocks, house fires, and surge damage so you can feel safer at home and work. We spot infractions of the Canadian Electrical Code and make recommendations for how to address them.To ensure your electrical system is in working order, schedule an electrical safety inspection with one of our experienced, certified electricians so you can feel comfortable knowing your local property is free of electrical problems and fire hazards.
Give our electrical contractors a call today if you are experiencing any of the following electrical problems: ● Light switches/ electrical outlets not working: Light switches or wall sockets that only work intermittently indicate a serious problem. In addition, the wiring on the lamp or other device you're attempting to connect may be frayed.
● Lights overly bright/dim: If you are experiencing a light that dims and then brightens, do not delay contacting us as this is a serious issue. We will identify the problem and determine whether you or your power provider are responsible for repairs.
● Flickering lights: The cause of your lights flickering could be simple or complex. Contact our offices if you want to speak with someone about it. We are eager to assist you with any electrical issues you may be experiencing.
● Not enough outlets: If you require more outlets than are available in your home or workplace, don't rely on extension cables. This overloads the power outlet and increases the risk of safety hazards.
● Burning smell: Turn off the power at the electrical panel if you suspect a burn from any outlet or switch. There could be various causes for this, and you should contact a qualified electrician to resolve the issue.
● Hot ceiling fixtures: We recommended that you inspect the area around ceiling light fixtures regularly. Not all fittings are adequately insulated. The fixture might also overheat if the light bulb’s maximum rated wattage is exceeded. This is a fire hazard.
● Over lamping: Over lamping occurs when a fixture contains a larger bulb in wattage than the fixture was designed for. The bulb's extra heat can cause the socket, insulation, and wires to melt. As a result, sparks will fly from one wire to the next, resulting in an electrical fire. If this occurs and you replace the bulb, be aware that the socket and wires are still damaged.
● Electrical shocks: Electrical shocks are a major safety concern. Even a minor shock can be an indication of a serious problem. You should consult with an electrician about this.
● Uncovered junction box: An uncovered junction box could be damaged and poses a risk to you and your family.
● The panel’s over wired: A panel that is over wired has more circuits than it can handle. It is usually caused by replacing too many single-pole breakers (single circuit) with tandem breakers (two circuits).